What is an e-tourist visa in India?
The India tourist e-Visa, also known as an e-tourist visa, was issued by the Indian government as an official document that permits travellers who do not have Indian citizenship to enter India upon arrival. It is linked to your passport electronically. The online e-visa service complements existing visa services to promote travel to India by lowering the number of people visiting the Indian embassy, the load on consular services, and the amount of time travellers must spend at border control upon arrival in India.
Who is eligible to apply for an India e-Visa?
Tourist e-visas, e-business visas, and e-medical attendant visas are currently available to travellers from more than 160 countries. The type of visa you apply for will be determined by the reason for your journey to India.
Do minors require their own e-tourist visa?
It's vital to remember that every passenger, regardless of age, needs an e-Visa, thus parents of minors will need to apply on their behalf. Each passport must be associated with its own e-visa.
How long does the India e-visa last?
The number of entries, validity, and length of stay can vary depending on the type of e-visa. The e-tourist visa can be issued for single or multiple entries and is valid for thirty days, a year, or five years depending on the type. An e-medical visa holder is eligible for Triple Entry for a total of 60 days. The e-business visa is typically issued as a Multiple Entry visa with a one-year validity period.
Visitors must obtain a visa to enter India. Make sure you have all of the necessary documents, including a visa, when planning a trip to this fascinating country. An electronic application for an Indian visa for US citizens has been available since 2014. Since 2014, India has had an electronic visa system called Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) in place, which allows people from over 160 countries to apply for visas online. Residents of the United States can now obtain a short-stay e-Visa in India. American visitors, business travellers, and medical patients can apply for an e-Visa. Tourist e-Visa: Americans planning a vacation to India must apply for a Tourist e-Visa, which allows them to stay in the nation for tourism and recreation purposes. Tourist eVisas are classified into three types, each with a different validity term and length of stay in India. Short-Term Tourist eVisa holders from the United States can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of entrance. This type cannot be extended or transformed in any way. Business e-Visa: This type of e-Visa allows Americans to enter India for business or trading purposes. You can stay in India for up to 365 days from the date of issue of the ETA and enter India as many times as you like. However, you may not stay here for more than 180 consecutive days on any one visit. Medical and Medical Assistant e-Visa: Americans who require medical treatment or are accompanying patients receiving treatment in India can apply for an e-Visa for Medical and Medical Assistant online. This type of e-Visa allows you to stay in India for up to 60 days from your arrival date and allows you to enter the country a total of three times. The India e-Visa makes it easy for American travelers to obtain visas to enter the country. American travelers need to meet some requirements to apply for India Visa online.
Documents Required for Indian e-Visa for US CITIZENS
- A valid Passport with at least six months’ validity from the expected date of arrival.
- You can use a Debit or credit card to pay for the eVisa fees.
- A valid Email address to receive the Indian e-Visa in their Inbox.
- Full name (as it appears on your passport)
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
The India Online Tourist eVisa is available for tourism purposes such as vacation, recreation, and tourism, transit while on a ship, visiting friends or family, or participating in a short yoga session. The India Tourist e-Visa, launched by the Indian government in November 2014, is an online visa that streamlines the Indian visa application process by eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consulate. The India Tourist eVisa with multiple entries is valid for 365 days from the date of issue. Eligible citizens may visit India for tourism for up to 90 days in a row (180 days for Canadian, Japanese, UK, and US citizens). A double-entry Tourist eVisa for India is also available, allowing a 30-day stay with 2 entries to India for those planning a shorter stay. It is recommended to use this program to get your India e-Visa as the process is efficient and effective. Eligible citizens can apply by completing the simple and straightforward online India Visa Application Form.
Indian Visa Application for Tourist Visa Document Requirements
- An electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of the visitor's passport, which must be the standard passport and valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into India; Otherwise you will need to renew your passport.
- A color copy of the visitor's most recent passport photograph (face only and can be taken with a phone).
- A valid email address to receive the Indian e-Visa in your Inbox.
- You can use a debit or credit card to pay for the registration fees.
You must apply for an India Business eVisa if you intend to visit India for commercial or business activities. Individuals interested in establishing an industrial/commercial firm, individuals who must travel frequently due to long-term business activity, and investors. The India Business eVisa is available to eligible citizens travelling to India for business purposes such as attending a conference, workshop, or symposium, training and courses, contract negotiations, or meetings. In November 2014, the Government of India released the e-Visa for India, an online visa that streamlines the Indian visa application process by eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consulate. The India Business eVisa allows eligible citizens to stay in the country for up to 180 days. This is a multiple entry travel authorization valid for 365 days from the date of issue. All types of India business visas including eVisa also allow the holder to set up a business in India, buy or sell industrial or commercial products and travel to India for recruitment purposes. Eligible citizens can apply by submitting a simple online business visa form for India that can be completed in just a few minutes.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INDIAN BUSINESS E-VISA
- A colored passport-size photo.
- A valid passport that does not expire for at least 3-6 months is an absolute necessity and it should have at least 2 empty pages for stamping.
- A valid email address to receive the E-Visa in your Inbox.
- You can use a Credit/debit card or PayPal account to pay for the E-Visa fees.
- A copy of your Business Card in PDF format (this must include your company's information, especially the corporate phone number as you will be contacted through it by the embassy).
- A detailed invitation letter from the host company/firm established in India or from India, stating the purpose of the travel (it must include their contact information and their logo).
Individuals seeking medical treatment in India can obtain an e-Medical Visa from the Government of India. Visitors who intend to seek medical treatment in India must obtain an electronic India Medical Visa, also known as an India eMedical Visa. Travellers from more than 169 countries seeking medical treatment in India can apply for e-Medical Visas. In November 2014, the Government of India released the e-Visa for India, an online visa that streamlines the Indian visa application process by eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consulate. Eligible citizens can get an approved e-Visa for a maximum stay of 60 consecutive days for medical reasons by completing the simple online India Medical Visa form. The India Medical e-Visa is a triple entry visa valid for 120 days from the date of issue. The second and third entries into India must be made within 60 days of the first. The requirements for the India Medical eVisa are the same as the Tourist eVisa. However, applicants must also provide a certified letter from the relevant Indian hospital or medical center.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL VISA FOR INDIA
- Applicants must have a passport issued by an eligible country to obtain the India e-Medical visa. This passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date the traveler intends to arrive in the country.
- In addition, foreign nationals must provide a letter from the hospital in India where they will receive treatment.
- Proof that they have the funds to cover their stay
- They must also have a return or onward ticket when applying.
- A valid email address to receive the E-visa.
- You can use a Credit/debit card or PayPal account to pay for the Medical E-Visa fees.
Anyone traveling to India on a “Medical Visa” must register with FRRO/FRO within 14 days of arrival. The registration process is the same in most countries.
Company Name: INDIAN Official
Contact Person: MUKESH SHARMA Findango
Email: Send Email
Phone: +880 31-652225
Address:2293/A Zakir Hossain Rd, Chattogram